Friday, November 10, 2017

Santa Paws


It's that time of the year when I become the most creative- the holiday season!! I am starting to work on my holiday card designs and Newton's Nook is playing a starring role this year.  I have been messing around with this design concept. Originally the element was a rectangle, but I justwasn't feeling it- this is after I made about 6 cards!! I tried it with a circle and loved it.


I am entering this card over at the Inky Paws challenge. This week's challenge is a color challenge using Holly red, pine cone tan, fir green, and black. A color challenge certainly takes the stress out of figuring out colors! And I think Santa Paws looks awesome!! I loved this color combo and will definitely be using it again.



If you look close you can see that I glitterized all the snow. As usual it is much more impressive in person.


I am entering this in the color challenge over at House of Cards. HOC was the first challenge blog I was on, so it's kind of nostalgic to be joining in the fun as a spectator. 


I hope you will go check out the awesome challenges at Inky Paws and House of Cards join in.


5 comments:

CupcakeInspirations said...

This is just so cute! I love the dimensional snow! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
Debbie

Jane Knudsen said...

What a sweet card! That snow is perfection with that little cat! Plus a fun sentiment! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

mooch said...

Really cute card. Love the coloring on the kitty!!

Zsofia Molnar said...

Gorgeous card! I love the white space and snowfall so much, it spotlights Newton (I mean Santa Paws) in a perfect way! Thanks for playing with us at the Inky Paws Challenge! Come and play with us next week too, it is gonna be fun! Hugs, Zsofi

Emily Lauritzen said...

Ahhh!! I love this card! That blizzard of falling snow is so perfect and your image is colored beautifully!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Paws!!
<3 Emily L.