Sunday, January 8, 2017

Happy Place


I had a couple of New Year resolutions and one was to enter more challenges since I am not on any design teams anymore. I went through all the different challenges yesterday to see what inspired me. As many of you know, I become intimidated by sketch challenges. I tend to take them too literally and then I get stumped. 

I decided to test myself for the first challenge in 2017 and am trying the challenge at CAS(E) this sketch. Since I tend to work clean and simple these days, maybe their challenge would not be so daunting.




Originally, I was planning a sky theme, but it is cold and snowy outside and being at the beach with the DH inspired this card. I decide to give it a valentine slant by coloring the Adirondack chair red and cutting the heart out. I used this set from Stampendous. I am a great one for cutting up my acrylic stamps to make them more versatile. The sentiment is half Reverse Confetti and Paper Smooches.

Wishing all of you warm sunny days in the middle of winter!



2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sue, this is a very, very cool card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Joan B said...

thanks for your comment on my blog! I also am not a fan of sketch challenges but your card came out terrific!