Sunday, November 1, 2015

House of Cards November Technique Challenge


Hi everyone! It's November and that means a new challenge at House of Cards!! Mynn has shared a very cool video on a stamped and cut window technique

I am known for always stretching- who am I kidding!!-  I mean breaking the rules a bit. So I had to come up with a bit of a twist on the challenge. So I did a double cut and stamped window. I wonder how many cut and stamped windows could you create? Could it be like looking in two mirrors? it goes on for infinity?!!?


If you read yesterday's blog posting you know that my new fav stamp company is Reverse Confetti. I used the Pumpkin Patch set again for my challenge card.

I made my card with two background, the stripes:



I just wasn't sure so I tried it with a woodgrain background:



I was torn, but the stripes just keep whispering a wee bit louder. What do you think- stripes or woodgrain?

Please join us at House of Cards this month for this way fun and cool technique!


16 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous cards Sue and I really like your twist to the technique, that is what makes this design team so fun! As far as stripes or woodgrain, can not possibly pick a favorite both are stunning! Donna T.

foleysfriend said...

I love your interpretation of the challenge; I love both cards. However, I prefer the woodgrain card as it feels more "autumnal".

sue
HOC teammate

Unknown said...

Such a striking CAS design! I love the pumpkin stamped off the edge! I really think I like both the stripes and woodgrain pretty much equally. Personal preference may make me lean towards woodgrain just a tad :)

Merethe A said...

Like your twist on this card for this technique, and the pumkin and the sentiment is so nice.

(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Lilian said...

What a cool card!!! Love the twist!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Mynn xx said...

Sue, this is AWESOME! I LOVE the fun way you did your stamping--what a fabulous take on the technique! Beautiful! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Toni said...

Neat! I was totally not expecting the tag to be on the inside!

Monika Reeck said...

Both are adorable
I love the one with stripes and the one with wood grain (I am always love to card with woodgrain) and you are so clever using TAG as opening your card
great card both Sue
love them
hugs, Monika

Michele K. Henderson said...

Sue, I just LOVE how this turned out! The pumpkin stamp is just perfect and I love the wonderful autumn colors too! Gorgeous card!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Judy V said...

Great card Sue! Love the way you off set the tag cut out and the pumpkin stamp!

Judy HOC Teamie

Em Louise Fairley said...

Sue, this is STUNNING! I love it!
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie

Joyce said...

This is very cool. Love how you have the sentiment in a window and your image goes across both.

Jane Knudsen said...

Lovely card! I like how you did this window card! Beautiful! jane HOC teamie

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Sue! Love your take on the challenge this month! I love both the stripes and the woodgrain! Have a great day!
Donna N., HOC Teamie!

Karen Petitt said...

WOW! That is an awesome take on the technique! Love your card and will be pinning onto one of my boards, just so gorgeous Karen x

Barbara Rankin said...

What a great card for Fall. I love y0ur stamping and I especially love the tag opening. Great idea! Hugs, Barbara HOC DT