Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Male Room Challenge: Neon


I am going out on a limb with this card and that you all aren't getting grossed out by my card. It is a bit of a pun and I hope you get it.

This week at The Male Room challenge is to use neon colors. For a change I knew exactly what I was going to do. I had an unusual assortment of insect stamps for an insect board book I made for a friend. Guys don't want a cutesy flowery get well card. They are tough and can take something creepy and crawly.





For my neon colors, I used all the Hero Arts neon inks. I don't get to use them very often, so this was a great opportunity to dust the pads off and ink some stamps up.



Soooooo....... pull out your neon inks, markers, pencils or paints. dust them off and get your neon on!

Show us how you neon at The Male Room!


4 comments:

Jane said...

Funny how those creepy crawlies don't look half as scary in these colours! Love this fun idea for a get well card.

Deborah Frings said...

Love, love this card! Brilliant pun - those bugs are just wonderful - a punny card (sorry!) always goes down well in this family. Great take on the challenge. xx

Deborah Frings said...

Forgot to ask - where did you get the bug stamps?

Louise van Vuren said...

I love this card! The bugs look fantastic in the neon, not too creepy crawly and I'm sure it appeals to a male sense of humour. Oh I forgot, they inevitably have man flu and are unable to laugh at this time 😜joking aside, it's a fab take on the challenge
Louise xx