Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Krafty Christmas


Only two more challenges and I will be done my  term as a wild card designer at the Card Concept.  Trying different styles of card making has certainly been an eye opener. I realize that I can embrace other styles as well. Today the challenge at the Card Concept is a "krafty christmas" with a photo inspiration.


Today, I went for a clean and graphic look. This stamp from Hero Arts just lent itself to that style.
I stamped it with khaki ink from Simon Says Stamp. I glittered the whole tree and added a glittered wood star for the top of the tree.  The saying is a combo of a very old Hero Arts christmas sentiment set and a die cut "merry from the new Papertrey Ink- wet paint holiday. I die cut the merry with red card stock to make it pop.



This isn't in my comfort zone, but I am so pleased with the results, this will definitely be massed produced to send out for the holidays.

Please join us for this great challenge at the Card Concept!


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I adore this card! I was so shocked to read it is out of your comfort zone. You did such a fabulous job!

Nancy said...

Great card Sue!!! Love the added pop of red too!!

Monika Reeck said...

Sue I adore your tree its so soft and I love the add of the Merry in red ...balance on your card I love it...and nice sentiment too...Great DT card..I join too this time at The Card Concept...wish you like to visiting me back and leave me some love too...happy weekend, hugs, Monika

Leslee said...

I love the end result! Love that pop of red!