Friday, September 5, 2014

Retro ornaments





Hi everyone, I am back with another card using the hanging ornaments dieIt seems when I grab something from Memory Box in my stash, I become obsessed and have to play with it until I can't figure out another use for it. 

My last card using the hanging ornaments die showed up on the Scrap Mart website!! A fellow MB buddy sent me an email letting me know. I didn't know companies "borrowed" our art work!

Png

Well, I digress, let me get back to todays card. I started by essentially creating a stencil from the die- I just used the negative of the die cut.


IMG_0918

Do you notice what I did? I took the positive and cut out the snowflakes from the balls.  I didn't want them there- save them! Save the bubbles too! I gently laid the positive die cut back inside the negative.

IMG_0929

Using copics, I stated filling in the ornaments and bubbles.

IMG_0930

I colored the whole thing.

IMG_0934

I added the ornament embellishments of the dots and stripes.

IMG_0935

"Stencils" removed. Almost done. I glittered the ornaments and bubbles and adhered the positive image back over the colored area. I added the snow flakes and popped the bubbles. 

This might take a wee bit of work, but the results are gorgeous, the ornaments remind me of those retro glass balls from my childhood!

Come on back again and see how I can manipulate this awesome die cut!!

E60A6E5D6326626A19BE3D97B0F0C8BF

No comments: