Saturday, July 12, 2014

Trends

 

This week we continue with one of our new challenges at Just Us Girls. This is trend week, where we challenge you with the latest paper crafting trends. I just love this idea and today we have a great trend for you- woodgrain. This is so popular from woodgrain stamps, embossing folders to actual wood paper.


I took this challenge and grabbed a piece of balsa wood that I had been hoarding. I grabbed an oldie but goodie from Hero Arts. I embossed in white and colored the image with Momento markers.

We had a steller response to last week's "bird" challenge. Let's keep the memento going and please join us this week at Just Us Girls.




9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, Sue, you have outdone yourself with this challenge! I love how you used the balsa wood! Such a gorgeous card witht he white embossing and perfect coloring!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the white embossing on that wonderful balsa wood! Beautiful coloring too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I LOVE THIS CARD! Awesome stamping and coloring on the actual wood! Well done!

Nancy said...

So cool that is an actual piece of wood!!! Great job Sue!!!

Marisa said...

Adore this!! Great bg and flowers across it are gorgeous.

Becky said...

This is just adorable Sue.

Lisa Kind said...

I love how you used the wood panel! The embossing and coloring on it it so pretty! I have a piece of this wood and need to use it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Wow! I love that balsa wood background with the embossed flowers. Your coloring on those flowers is gorgeous! Excellent creation!

Karen M said...

Wow, Sue, this card is spectacular! I absolutely love everything about it, from the wood grain to those adorable flowers and buds. Just perfect x