Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Getting my art on.



Usually I don't bother with tags, but this year I have had a few requests for them. At Try Stampin On Tuesday, we are skipping our usual sketches to provide all of you with holiday tag ideas.

It was the perfect opportunity for me to get my art on and forget about CAS - if just for a wee bit. :) 
The tags I will be showing you harken back to a number of classes I took from the king of distress himself- Tim Holtz.

Here is how I made them.

First- I gathered my supplies.


Second- I stamped my image with white pigment ink and embossed with white powder.


Third- I sponged on a variety of blue distress inks.




Forth- I grabbed a big background stamp and stamped over the whole tag with walnut stain ink.

 The baby tag, I stamped my sentiment with espresso truffle and sponged it with the same distress inks from the base tag. I added a ribbon at the bottom as an accent and lastly I tied the baby tag to the base tag.

Here are each of the tags by themselves.

 





Please join us at TSOT with your tag designs!


3 comments:

Katy said...

I love these tags!! I love how you have the colors too! So fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi ,die sehen alle ,wirklich alle wunderschön aus. Jede Farbe ist wirklich klasse geworden ,einfach Super,grüsse bettina

Sarah said...

Stunning tags! Love how you have created these and great tutorial.