Sunday, June 28, 2009

Simplify




Claire who is my StampinUp rep has taught me something since I met her. She probably doesn't even realize it. She is teaching me to simplify my stamping. Each time I am at a party that Claire is doing she teaches us a couple of quick cards. They are alway simple yet wonderfully creative.

Even though I teach "less is more" to others, I find this concept very hard in my own stamping. My cards have to have layers, cut outs, embellishments, gems etc etc.

So when I made some card samples for Claire this week, I tried to simplify. I used the curly punch and stamp set from StampinUp for the samples.

I think we are all so busy in our lives running here and there, we need to take time to smell the roses and simplify our lives.

Sue T.

3 comments:

Claire Lawrence said...

amen to that one!! thanks again, I love the samples. that little monkey card using zoofari is adorable. and the paint chips technique is so cool!

bevyb said...

Sue, I thing there is a place for both,but simple allows you to highlight the focal image. Also you can complete a number of simple cards in a short period of time to have on hand.

sue t. said...

I hear ya Bevy B but it still seems to take just as long for me to make a simple card!!

Hey thanks for the GTEAT b- card- ya might see it soon again!!